The Adventures of Hurley and Ben


Status - The Adventures are BACK SOON!!! ! Webisode #12 "Time Will Tell", the season finale, will post tentatively on 06/14 at 9pm EST. Check out the Webisode Archive link to catch up from the beginning of the story!


Tuesday, September 7, 2010

#02 "Home, Part 2"



8 Weeks Earlier

Hurley wandered aimlessly through the remains of the beach camp. The trees still provided ample shade from the afternoon sun. Nothing else really resembled the time when he lived here. “It all seemed so long ago.”
“Why are we here Hugo?” Ben asked, as he stood at the end of the camp looking around.
“I just had this feeling overcome me that we had to come back here.” Hurley replied.
“Oh. You know what that means.” Ben scoffed.
“No, not really, dude. I’m still not used to all this...” Hurley said as he heard a rustling coming from the jungle. Something was moving towards him.
“Hurley?” a familiar voice called out.
“Michael??” Hurley answered.
“Hurley. It’s time.” Michael stated as he came out of the brush.
Ben stood still, watching Hurley talk to thin air. He pretended not to listen, knowing what the conversation was about and grabbed a DHARMA water bottle out of the backpack by his feet. Taking a gulp, he stared out into the ocean’s abyss where a storm was forming in the distance.
“What do you mean? It hasn’t been long enough. He isn’t ready.” Hurley explained, “There’s still time. We need more time. ”
“No, Hurley, there isn’t. He needs to remember.” Michael urged, “Go get my boy!”


Present Day


Walt, still petting Vincent, stood back up. He looked over the barracks confused, and asked Hurley, “This is where we’re gonna live?”
“For now, this is where you will stay, until you’re ready to move out on your own. The choice will always be yours.” Hurley responded, “Let’s go inside, they’re waiting for us.” Hurley walked towards a cabin that was in the center of the village. Walt followed wearily with Ben close behind him, trying to catch up with Hurley. Vincent ran around them, still excited of their return. The pleasant aroma of food being cooked overcame the evening air.
“What is this place?” Walt asked to himself, not expecting a response.
“This is where I used to live.” Ben replied, “Well, I still live here.”
“Why is this even here? Does this have to do with the “job”? I don’t have to landscape and stuff, do I?” Walt inquired.
Ben looked at Hurley, who was curious to the answer that was about to come out of his mouth, “It’s a long story. Don’t worry, soon you will understand it all.” he chuckled, “Hurley has it all under control.”
The three walked up the short step onto the front porch where Vincent decided to sit. Hurley opened the door and turned to Walt, “After you.”

Walt stepped through the door into the living room of the cabin. Inside looked lived in, but tidy. Ben and Hurley followed.
“Welcome back, Walt,” said a soft female voice. Walt turned around with a look of shock as Rose walked in from the hallway to greet him with open arms. “It is so wonderful to see you again,” she said as she hugged him.
“I can’t believe you’re still here. I’m so happy to see you too.” Walt kindly replied.
“Come … you look hungry and tired.” Rose requested, as she guided him down the hall to the kitchen. Walt walked in to see an older gentleman making dinner. “This is my husband, Bernard.”
“Hello my friend. I’d, uh, shake your hand, but I kinda don’t have a free one at the moment.” Bernard smiled as he took a whole cooked chicken out of a pan and moved it onto a large serving plate.
“Nice to meet you. It smells delicious.”
Rose chuckled, “Ha ha. He must be hungry. Your cooking has never really smelled delicious.”
“I know I’m certainly hungry.” Hurley confirmed as he walked into the kitchen with Ben.
“Why don’t you gentlemen go wash up? Dinner is about ready and the others should be here soon.” Rose demanded, pointing to the direction of the restroom.
“Others? There’s more?” Walt asked.
“Oh honey there’s a lot more. I’m sure Hurley will fill you in when you’re ready and well rested.” Rose replied, looking at Hurley with a concerned expression.
“Yes Walt, soon enough.” Hurley responded, turning to follow Walt.
“Hello Benjamin.” Rose said as she helped bring food to the table, which was situated with 8 chairs and 8 place settings.
“Rose.” Ben replied, following Hurley.


8 Weeks Earlier


“Here you go.” A female’s voice is heard as a plate of generic hospital food is placed on a table. Next to it was a piece of paper with a pencil drawn picture of an island on it.
“I’m not really hungry.”
“Walt, you need to eat,” the female doctor said, as she knelt down to Walt, who was sitting at the table continuing to draw, “You’ve been drawing these islands for a while now. Is this where you are from?”
“Not exactly sure anymore … I keep dreaming about it. I want to go back.”
“Well you need to eat if you want the ability to continue drawing,” the girl replied. “Keep your strength up. You never know when you might need it.”


Present Day


“Dinner is ready and served!” yelled Rose, as if to notify the neighborhood. A few moments later, the front door opened. As Walt walked down the hallway from the restroom, he could hear Rose and Hurley welcoming the guests. As he walked into the living room, he could hear the slight Australian accents of two different females and another male.
“Walt, dude.” Hurley called, “I want you to meet Cindy, Emma and Zach.”
“Hi.” Cindy shook his hand firmly, and then walked towards the kitchen with Rose to greet Bernard. Emma, now an older teen shook his hand more loosely, “I have heard a lot about you,” she said, smiling with a bit of awe. “This is my brother, Zach.”
“Hi.” Walt said, extending his hand.
Zach, a young teenager, shook his hand firmly in return and asked, “Are you him?”
“Am I who?” Walt asked, a bit confused.
Zach stared back perplexed, and quickly broke the handshake.
“Time to eat.” Hurley advised swiftly, showing them the full spread of fresh food on the table.
“Where did all this come from?” Walt inquired.
“I know you have a lot of questions,” Hurley started, “I promise to answer what I can after dinner and tomorrow, but the more I answer, the more you will want to ask.”
They all sat and began to eat. Walt, full of wonder as to what could possibly come next, ate like he had not seen food in months. Hurley asked the others what had gone on in his absence, only to get responses of the usual happenings like the weather. No major issues. Walt looked around at everyone talking as he ate. Ben, who was sitting across the table, watched him closely and did not participate in the general conversation.

After dinner Cindy, Emma and Zach cleaned up, while Rose and Bernard retired to their own cabin.

“Walt, Ben ... come with me please.” Hurley asked as he walked towards one of the main bedrooms.
“Sure.” Ben and Walt both responded, following Hurley into one of the bedrooms.
“This will be where you will be sleeping,” Hurley advised, “Ben and I will be across the hall in the other two bedrooms.”
“This used to be my bedroom a while back.” Ben started, “Well, that was until everything changed. Then it was his.” Pointing slightly to Hurley. “Now, it’s yours.”
“Speaking of,” Hurley walked towards the closet, “There is something I want to show you before you go to sleep.”
“Why, so you can give the kid nightmares?” Ben joked.
“So he can see. Figure out the right questions to ask.” Hurley explained, as he moved the rolling clothes rack out of the way to reveal the secret entrance.
“Whoa. Cool.” Walt gasped.
“Oh you haven’t seen anything yet.” Ben whispered.
Hurley approached the stone door with the ancient writing, “And behind door number one…” he chuckled as he pushed the door open. The stale air bellowed in and hit them like a brick wall.
“Oh WOW!” Walt choked, following Hurley inside the chamber, waving the stench away from his nose, “What is that?”
Un-phased by the stench, Hurley explained, “This is one of many secrets to this island that I need you to help me unlock, Walt,” pointing to the writing, “Does any of this look familiar to you?”
“No, not at all.” Walt answered, “Should it?”
Hurley and Ben looked at each other disappointedly.
“Not yet I guess.” Hurley answered.
“Does this have to do with the whispers we heard in the jungle? Or my dad??” Walt continued.
“That, I am pretty sure of. Why don’t you sleep on it and we’ll get a fresh start in the morning,” Hurley requested as he guided Walt, who looked as though he did not want to leave, back out of the chamber. “We will go back in there again another time.”


8 Weeks Earlier



Two men in an outdoor diner, sat at a table eating. One stated to the other, “That boy is the key to everything!” as he slid a picture across the table, face down.
"How do you know, Hondo? Is it happening again?” The other asked as he picked the picture up.
“I know because I know, Chisisi. All you need to understand is that he is the key and needs to be …”
“I understand. It will be done. I will go to the address in Los Angeles you provided to me.” Chisisi stood up and looked over the Pyramids that gave the horizon depth from the sand. The streets of Cairo were quite. “I will telephone you when I have completed my quest, Hondo.”
“Know yourself … and be free.” Hondo replied, standing up as well.
“Namaste.” They both bowed their heads to each other. Chisisi took another glance at his target in the picture before putting it in the pocket of his pants.


Present Day


Walt awoke frantically with a gasp to find Hurley was sitting next to him, touching his shoulder. It was morning. He sat up rapidly, drenched in sweat.
“Dude!” Hurley exclaimed as he quickly sat back, “that was one hell of a dream. I guess Ben was right. It did give you…”
“They’re coming,” Walt muttered, still groggy and out of breath, “They’re coming!”





The Adventures of Hurley and Ben




Next, on LOST: The Adventures of Hurley and Ben...

“The Practical Son Returns”



“I don’t know why I’m here actually,” Walt scoffed, as he threw the branch back into the woods. Sweat started to bead on his forehead.
“Why did you come back then?” Emma inquired.
“To help my dad.”



The night was humid, quiet, and only the distant lightning lit up the sky. “Hello?” came from the other end of the phone.

“Yes, I am here now, at the address you gave me.” Chisisi replied.

2 comments:

  1. Loved the new post! I don't know if I like only one post per week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Monica! "The Practical Son Returns" is gonna be an interesting one, now that the characters are set.

    I wish I could write full time so that I could post more than once a week. Unfortunately, I do not get paid to do this, so a full time job I must keep.

    Namaste.

    ReplyDelete